Sunday, August 21, 2011

Bible Reading Plan Day 2 of 365

1 Year ESV Bible Reading Plan. YouVersion.com Day 2
So we are doing this one a little late at night but that is OK, because that means we can fall asleep with the word still fresh in our minds. Today we are reading:
Psalms 1, Genesis 2, 1 Chronicles 2, Luke 1 26:56

Psalms 1: I read this and wrote a bunch and deleted everything because I thought it was obvious too lengthy. This chapter is just a summary of what happens to people who either follow the Lord or not. Those who do are blessed(happy, fruitful), those who don't perish. Do not go along with wordly advice (Ex. Having sex with your bf/gf is fun and its not a big deal). Be careful about who you hang out with the most because they will affect you. I know this first hand because I've done things I never thought I would do just because a friend thought it was ok. The people you love the most are most likely to change you and you will rub off on them. Do not take what God says on anything lightly. Do not scoff at it. Simple enough. The end result is those who are folowing the Lord are blessed, nourished, and happy. They are not driven back and forth through their lust and are lost/confused in life. In the end the ungodly perish.

Question: Is there anyone in your life that you know you are affecting?
Is there anyone in your life that is affecting you? How?

Genesis 2: So good! So we see the introduction of the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. We see the first wedding although it isn't very obvious. I recently went to a wedding the other day and the pastor mentioned that Eve came from Adams rib which is the closest thing to his heart, and his heart belonged to God. It's interesting to see that it says it is not good for man to be alone. We are relational beings. We were created to be together. We build each other up and are most happy when we are with people. I love the end too. They were naked and not ashamed. It makes me think that because later they sin and are ashamed. Jesus died and conquered death and sin making us clean and blameless and now we can walk around without shame!

1 Chronicles 2: This continues the genealogy to David. I'd like to pint out verse 3 where it says, "Er the firstborn of Judah, was wicked in the sight of the Lord, so He killed him. I read this and kind of laughed considering it was such a quick thing to say. It does point back to psalms 1 where it says the ungodly/wicked will perish.

Luke 1:26-56 Verse 37 "For with God nothing will be impossible." That is a faith building verse right there. Mary is definitely a incredibly brave person. I know that she was actually very young at her age. To be pregnant before marriage should have made her fiance cancel the marriage and she could have been stoned to death. I loved that Elizabeth is filled with the holy spirit and her baby leaps in her at the sound of Mary's voice. Mary's prayer in the end is awesome. Proclaiming who God is and what He does.

I think I take away from today that God makes all things possible. I don't want to be a blip in a list of named where I am destroyed. That would suck. I want to continue to be in the word so that I can affect those around me in a positive way. I want to make sure I am reaching out to those I know who kind of either don't care or are against what Christianity is while not being affected negatively by them. I feel like I know more people who are kind of whatever about it then 100% zealously against it. Remember though everything is possible with Jesus. Its all about Jesus.

No comments: