Psalm 2: Reading this just made me think of the 2 kingdoms that battle. The kingdom of light vs the kingdom of darkness. This states how foolish it is for those to go against the kingdom of light because Jesus has already won it all. Its over. Verse 11 and 12 for me are the highlights. "Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling." "Kiss the Son (bring homage to), lest He be angry, and You perish in the way, When His wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all those who put their trust in him" Submit yourself to the Lord. Be in awe of Him. The Lord is precious to me. I love Him. I won't let the foolish counsel of the wicked lead me astray because I know when you go down that road you end up destroying yourself. I will put my trust in the Lord for He loves me.
Genesis 3: So here I want to point out temptation and how Satan will try to trip Christians up. The first thing you see is that he questions God. Did God really say that? Does he really mean that? How do you know for sure? Then he responds with a twisted truth while also arguing against the Lord. Yes they did become similar to God in the idea of that they will know the difference between right and wrong. Yet, in doing so they disobeyed and what they thought would happen didn't. When we are tempted it always looks so appealing. The longer you look at a temptation and not FLEE the more enticed by it you will be. You will twist it and make it look beneficial, cool, and fun. You start to forget the negatives about it or the idea of getting caught becomes less and less probable. What is so funny about this story is the second they are caught they try to blame each other. We totally do that all the time. We don't want to be responsible for our sin but that is a important part of repentance. What I love about this chapter is that the love of God is displayed so evidently. It appears like he is punishing his children by kicking them out of paradise but what he does is for their own benefit. The first thing he does is clothe them out of skin. That is the first time you will see that something had to die to cover their sin. God loved them so that he allowed them to not be able to live forever. Which gives them a chance for a further relationship without the hindrances of sin. God is so good!
! Chronicles 3: Here we see Davids family listed which continues the genealogy. I honestly do not have a whole lot yet for 1 Chronicles. If anyone has found anything particular about this chapter put a comment below.
Luke 1:57-80 Can I just say in verse 57-58, that I think we need to really rejoice more when we are blessed. When a tragedy happens people mourn with one another but I feel like when the good things happen we really need to take some time to celebrate. I got together with a few people recently to celebrate that a friend took their mcat test. We don't even know the outcome of it but we celebrated because he was studying for so long and it was finally completed! I love how in verse 64 his tongue is loosed and the first thing he does is praise God. Wow. That is so awesome because the people around him were a little freaked out because he most have been so excited. He also must have told them about what happened at the temple months before hand. Then being filled with the spirit he prophesies over his sons ministry and life. My favorite is verse 79 "To give light to those who sin in darkness and the shadow of death, To guide our feet into the way of peace." I love this. Then I like how it ends with John becoming STRONG in the Spirit. As Christians we need to grow strong in the spirit. I feel this is a good spot for a question. How do we grow stronger spiritually?
So today I see again the importance of following the Lord and being blessed from it. Its pretty black and white. I'm also thinking of the areas in which I am tempted on a more or less regular basis. I'm giving those areas to God and I am making it a point to avoid those completely or rendering it impossible to be in. Also I am going to start rejoicing more. Philippians 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!"
No comments:
Post a Comment